Bible Translations

Here are some helpful guides when it comes to picking out a bible translation. My favorite is the ESV (English Standard Version) because it is literal word for word rather than though for thought and very readable. I also really like the NASB (New American Standard Bible) which is word for word but not always as easy to read as the ESV. I use the ESV for study, bible memorization, and daily reading. I also own an NIV (New International Version), NKJV (New King James Version), and want to get a CSB (Christian Standard Version) for study and comparison to more fully understand a section of scripture I'm working on. Check out the helpful graphics below for some breakdowns of where these translations lie. I found these graphics from these sources: 

Some more colorful graphics:

An awesome graphic on when these translations came about and the dates of their sources:

Comments