Habits of Grace by David Mathis | Book Review

Habits of Grace: Enjoying Jesus through the Spiritual DisciplinesHabits of Grace: Enjoying Jesus through the Spiritual Disciplines by David Mathis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Probably more of a 3 1/2. Some really great stuff. I’m glad I read this book for the gems I found in it, but most of the book seemed like stuff I’ve already learned or is common sense for most Christians. Kind of like a ton of great articles fluffed up by a lot of extra stuff around it.

Maybe it’s just that it was a bit of a rough listen in audio. The narrator was great, it’s just hard to listen when he pauses to say a bible verse between what felt like every paragraph.

Maybe if I would have read this in a paperback I would have given it 4 stars. That reminds me of a good thing to end on - there are tons of great bible verses in here with specific things they can help you with. This would be a great reference book to leaf through to find all the great verses on specific topics.

Comments