Getting Settled in Guatemala

Today was another day filled with ups and downs. The kids are doing great, and they have moments of frustration and anger and sadness. I also have had many moments of frustration and anger. I’ve had to apologize a few times. Tonight, when I apologized, Kadi’s response was really sweet. She said, “We all need a lot of grace right now.” I was super frustrated because our kitchen flooded again (it’s getting fixed) and it made us late getting to the Wednesday night Christian English worship service at our friend Alex’s coffee shop, which is something I’ve been looking forward to since before we moved. It was a great time of worship, and with me not preaching there yet and no one else in town to preach, we watched a sermon by Francis Chan. It really spoke to me about where I’m at with my frustration and outbursts over the last few days. It has been stressful, but it’s also been really fun! Our kids are simultaneously having a really hard time and doing great. It comes in waves throughout the day. I put Seth’s LED light strips across his ceiling in his room tonight. It took forever because I’m so short and the ceilings are so tall, but I think it will really help him feel like it’s his room so I was really happy to do it. Today he journaled a lot and read the first three chapters of Matthew and took notes on each chapter. I was really encouraged to see him do that. I set an alarm to remember to encourage him to keep it up tomorrow. 

Comments